the good donut

"The best donut is a free donut. The next best donut is the next free donut"

Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Like Sands Through the Hourglass



As I write this, the countdown to Disneyland is 3 days, 9 hours, 45 minutes, 52... 51... 50... etc. seconds.

I have been to Disneyland once in my life and then not even for a full day. My one and only visit to Disney World was similar (less than a full day).

I have anxiety.

I am really, REALLY looking forward to the trip. Last night I read (from cover to cover) The Unofficial Guide to Disneyland 2007. It had the unnerving effect of instilling a cool confidence with underlying foreboding.



While dreams of visiting the Disney Parks are tantamount to nirvana for a 3-year-old and dear enough to melt the heart of any parent, the reality of actually taking that 3-year-old is usually a lot closer to the "agony" than the "ecstasy".

The Unofficial Guide to Disneyland 2007


A friend of mine (and frequent visitor t0 Disneyland) put it like this, "For some Disneyland is the happiest place on Earth, for others... the most miserable depending on their attitude".

With that knowledge we venture off on the adventure of a lifetime in 3 days, 9 hours, 35 minutes, 21... 20... 19...




Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home