the good donut

"The best donut is a free donut. The next best donut is the next free donut"

Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Explanations



I have debated with myself for some time whether or not to post news items like the previous post in this blog.

One day Kaara will be old enough to read what her dad has to say. I never want her to think that I am down on China or the Chinese people.

With that said; by ignoring news items like this I not only do the persecuted Church in China a disservice but also Kaara. She has to know what is going on in the part of the world where she was born.

In America we say Christians are being persecuted when “under God” is removed from the constitution or homosexual marriage is on the ballot. The reality is, we the Christian church of America know nothing of persecution. Xu Shuangfu, Li Maoxing and Wang Jun (amongst others) were martyred because they dared preach the Gospel outside of state approved church. I have never really risked my life for much of anything let alone the gospel yet fellow believers around the world do it on a daily basis.

I eagerly expect and hope that I will in no way be ashamed, but will have sufficient courage so that now as always Christ will be exalted in my body, whether by life or by death. Philippians 1:20 (NIV)

My petition is that you be praying for the Church in China, that it would continue to grow. And also the Xu, Li and Wang families, that God would encourage them and continue to grow their faith.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home