the good donut

"The best donut is a free donut. The next best donut is the next free donut"

Sunday, October 02, 2005

Small Claims Court


This week I will be going to small claims court.

In my life I have been in a courtroom once. Then I was only there as an observer. I have never even been to traffic court.

I am suing a collection agency that says I owe a debt that clearly I do not owe. I have documentation that says I don't owe the money yet the collection agency has failed to remove me from the debt. So, off to court.

Did you know that there is no regulating agency for collection agencies in the state of Oregon? They have to be licensed by the state but there is no enforcement agency. So, off to court.

The thing is, I am very nervous about it. I feel like a criminal (even though I am the one doing the suing). Whenever I think about it my stomach is in knots. I wish I knew why I felt this way. It's not about the money. I have the money and relatively speaking it's not very much. I just feel stupid for being in this situation even though there was nothing I could have done to prevent it. The good thing is, on Tuesday it will be over one way or the other.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home